Friday, December 26, 2008

The twins




I wasn't sure it is a good idea to draw pics of people you know...but then I thought ...ok lets give it a go ...here are the twins...The sketches are good and cross hatching is for people with little patience...complete the two in 2 days.

Here is what I had said about the sketches in one of the previous posts:

I completed two sketches...one last week and one today of twin girls...both in pen and ink...I love the cross hatch technique of shading ...so this is what I have learnt so far ...
lesson one : pen and ink is an unforgiving medium... in the sense if you make a mistake there is no way you can correct it ..at least I haven't found one so far.

lesson two: dont get carried away...I made that mistake in the first sketch and the others as well...an area where you start shading can quickly darken...in my first pen and ink portrait I started with a happy women with bright eyes..and before I knew it the overshadowing that turned her into a victim of domestic violence....

like in Khyati's sketch above....I ended up overshading the lips and looks like a 1 year old is wearing lipstic...

No comments: